Fondant Recipe


Some of you were asking for the fondant recipe, so I thought I'd share! The recipe I used was passed on to me from my friend Bri, who got it from Steph (you might remember the cake she made for Aletheia & Josiah's wedding here). I think it makes enough fondant to cover a large cake? I didn't keep track because I made so much...


Fondant Recipe

1 10-oz bag marshmallows

1-2 tbls. water
1-2 tbls. white crisco (not butter/yellow colored)
2+ cups powdered sugar
1.Melt marshmallows in microwave with the water. Heat using 30 second intervals. Usually 2-3 times works for me. Stir between heating with a spatula covered in Crisco to prevent sticking.

2. Add food coloring* to melted marshmallows at this point, or just leave white.

3. Sift powdered sugar into marshmallows, and mix till it forms a dough. Add more or less powdered sugar depending on the consistency desired (don't add too much, or it'll dry it out, but it needs to be thick enough to knead like a dough). Knead on a surface lightly dusted in powdered sugar once it acquires a dough-like consistency. Add Crisco as desired to prevent hands from sticking to it or to soften it back up.

*I used Wilton gel food coloring that I got from Michaels. Apparently, the regular liquid food coloring changes the consistency of the fondant!






Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP