DIY Bookplates + Free Printable

I made these bookplates the other day as a belated birthday gift for my friend, Ellen. Ellen's an elementary school teacher, so I thought these would come in handy for her classroom!


Well, that solves the problem of getting your books back. Sticky fingers? Sorry, El, can't help you there! Good luck in 6th grade! :)

Do you know somebody who would appreciate a set of bookplates? Maybe a friend's son or daughter or a teacher? Download the set here! Print it out on full sheet-sized labels, cut on the dotted lines, and trim the corners with a corner punch.

(click on picture to download)

Enjoy!

Unknown  – (November 27, 2010 at 2:25 PM)  

I can't download it, the page doesn't open...

becca  – (November 27, 2010 at 2:55 PM)  

maddie - i'm so sorry about that. i've changed the link, so it should work now!

Mary  – (February 2, 2011 at 10:52 PM)  

I just added these to my obsessive bookplate page at http://www.squidoo.com/best-bookplates -- and they're among my very favorites. Simply perfect!

littlebeemama  – (April 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
littlebeemama  – (April 12, 2011 at 9:21 AM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
becca  – (April 12, 2011 at 9:47 PM)  

littlebeemama: i actually typed them up using the font Cursive Standard and printed them out on the computer. you won't be able to type in the .pdf file, but you can trace the font or try typing in a word doc and aligning it to print?

i printed them out on full-sized sheet label paper, so they could be self-adhesive.

hope that helps!

Craft That Party  – (April 13, 2011 at 5:12 AM)  

I love giving bookplates as gifts. thank you, these are adorable!

Anonymous –   – (April 20, 2011 at 11:37 AM)  

I've been looking for a gift for Teacher Appreciation week and found these. So cute! I'm excited to make them.

jjflamingo  – (April 26, 2011 at 4:18 AM)  

Just wanted to share another idea for adhesive, but not self adhesive. Take a box of flavored jello, and in a small bowl add about 2T of the powder, add 4 T hot water to the powder. Stir until well blended. then you can paint it onto the backs of the paper. let dry 35-45 minutes. when dry, you can lick to rewet, and it not only works to stick, but is tasty too! We learned this in one of my kids' craft books, The Ultimate book of Kid Concoctions.

Nichole  – (May 15, 2011 at 2:52 PM)  

thank you for this wonderful post! I used this link to make end-of-year-teacher's gifts...I linked back to you from http://bluebirdandtheboy.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-between-busy.html

Thank you again!

that copywriter  – (July 5, 2011 at 6:47 AM)  

Thank you! Love these. I have a friend who is a teacher, so this is the perfect gift. I am going to show off about you in my blog this weekend - littlemissthirty.wordpress.com
Love your work x

cdubs  – (August 18, 2011 at 8:31 AM)  

Hi, this is a wonderful idea! Can you tell me what font you used for the black text? Thanks!

Beyond Sunday Mornings  – (August 19, 2011 at 5:09 PM)  

Love these - very cute and very practical. Thanks for the idea!

becca  – (August 23, 2011 at 10:45 PM)  

Cdubs - The black text font is Mrs. Eaves.

Jan - That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

Sara B.  – (December 4, 2011 at 9:27 AM)  

These are adorable, thank you so much for the printable! -Sara

Amy of While Wearing Heels  – (February 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM)  

These are so perfect in it's simplicity and design. Thanks for sharing!

FalkFamily  – (April 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lulabelle's mom  – (May 3, 2012 at 5:05 AM)  

Help! I am a computer idiot! I have downloaded page, but cannot type the teacher's name. What do i need to do.

becca  – (May 3, 2012 at 6:42 AM)  

Lulabelle's mom - Sorry, these are not editable! Unfortunately, that means you or whoever you are gifting to will have to write in their name by hand.

Lulabelle's mom  – (May 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM)  

Determined to print the teacher's name, I typed her name (16 times) in a word doc and aligned to print. I printed your template 1st, then ran it back through the printer and printed the word document on it. It took awhile, but it worked! I saw this advice from you in an earlier comment, thankyou! My daughter is sooo excited to give them to her teacher!

MamaLove  – (May 15, 2012 at 6:43 AM)  

These look thicker than a label might be. They almost look like they are on cardboard. When I look for these in the store am I looking fora box of 8 1/2 x 11 labels?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP