DIY Felt Flower Hair Barrettes


My cousin Dan and his family (along with my aunt and uncle too!) were in town from Canada this past week for a wedding. I was so happy to get a chance to hang out and catch up with them. I was lucky enough to see them all earlier this year, but this time, they brought the kids too! :) Abby and Joie are such sweet, sweet girls and hold a very special place in my heart. If you remember, Joie was the flower girl at my wedding (and Abby was my sister's!).

For these two special girls, I decided to make felt barrettes for them to put into their hair. I followed the tutorial I found here.







On the way back home in the car after dinner, Dean turned to me and said, "If we have girls in the future, I wouldn't mind if they were exactly like Abby and Joie!" I wouldn't mind one bit either. :)



Alvina  – (August 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM)  

Very cute! Actually really love the backings you used!

Biro  – (August 18, 2011 at 7:46 AM)  

Whee Felt! What felting technique did you end up going with? =D

becca  – (August 23, 2011 at 10:48 PM)  

Nancy - I just used regular wool felt I bought online! I still haven't gotten around to making my own felt from wool roving.... :(

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP