DIY Hair Flower

So I've been eyeing these gorgeous flowers that I've seen on Etsy to wear in my hair for the wedding:



But at $50-60 a piece, I can't really justify spending that kind of money on a hair accessory...sooo I decided to try my hand at making my own!



First, I went to Michaels, bought some silk flowers, and started to take the flowers apart. I took apart several blooms and stacked them on top of each other in order to create a single bloom that was fuller. Then, I snipped off some tulle from my veil (don't worry, it needed to be trimmed into an oval anyway!) and cut a few petals out of some of the extra fabric from my bridesmaid dresses. I layered everything together, threw in some feathers and pearls, and worked some magic with my hot glue gun! Here's how it looks! What do you think?



Total price: <$5

The only regret I have is that the flowers I used are not super white...they're more of a natural white color. I don't know if that might look bad with the white of my dress... :/


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP