DIY Penant Flag


I've made many penant flags/garlands/bunting before, and I love how you can always customize it to fit your needs. For this particular one, I used a variety of different colors and patterns to complement the main coral color of the bridal shower. 


Step 1: First, you'll need to determine how large each penant will be. I was trying to maximize the number of penants I could get out of an 8.5x11 sheet, so I played around a bit and I think I got 4 or 5 onto  a page. 





Step 2: Next, you'll need to find a way to attach your penant to your ribbon. There are several different ways to do this. In the past, I've used a ribbon punch to punch out holes and then I strung the ribbon through. I've also folded the edge of the penant over the ribbon before and used a piece of double-sided tape to keep it in place. This time, I decided it'd be easiest to use a glue runner to keep the penants in place. The width of the adhesive was exactly the same width as my ribbon, so that was super convenient. So I just rolled the glue runner over the ribbon lightly.


Step 3: Next, I carefully placed each penant right side down onto the ribbon. Remember to press firmly to attach. 


I left just a small space on the top so the paper wouldn't peek through the top. Here's a close-up
.

And here's the front of the penant flag. To store it, simply roll around a round object and tape in place. I happened to have this giant spool of ribbon on hand, so I just wrapped it around that.


Benita Hartman  – (February 22, 2012 at 3:46 PM)  

This is adorable! Thanks for the great tutorial. Can't wait to try this.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP