The Wizard of Oz: Redesigned Book Jacket

Here's another school project I've been wanting to share with you. The assignment was to pick a book that has already been published and redesign the cover. I chose to do a book jacket so I could design the inside flaps too. :)

A lot of the Wizard of Oz covers I've seen in the past incorporate ornate, decorative elements, particularly in the use of fonts. I decided to put a fresh spin on it by using a hand-drawn text style in addition to some graphics that I sketched out, scanned, and colored in Illustrator. My favorite part of the book is the little hot air balloon graphic which I put in the author section under the line, "He left this world on May 5, 1919." Teehee. :)



Alvina  – (November 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM)  

Oh the cover is super cute! :)

The Boones  – (December 1, 2011 at 11:07 PM)  

Love it! Seems like you are really enjoying your classes!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP