Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you! I am spending Christmas with Dean's family in Arizona this year. I won't be able to see my family for the holidays this year, but I am grateful for Dean's family in AZ and that they are only a short car-ride away.

As part of our Christmas Day festivities, I made a simple Christmas brunch this morning. I made this scrumptious french toast from a recipe that my sister passed along to me (and replaced strawberries with blueberries), this winter fruit salad, and bacon.

We've been lounging around all day (read: Dean's watching basketball while I'm on my computer and in the kitchen cooking) and waiting eagerly for Jay to get home so we can open presents!


Instead of stockings this year, I made Christmas baggies for Dean and I. I fell in love with the look of vintage doilies on linen when I saw them over here and just had to incorporate them into our gifts. :) And, they're usable all year round!

After presents, we'll be going over to Dean's uncle's house where the whole Thongkham/Vongsachang family will be gathered for (vegetarian) hotpot. Honestly, the idea of vegetarian hotpot does not sound super appealing to me, but I'm hoping that I will be proven wrong.

So on behalf of our little Thongkham family, we wish you a very Merry Christmas filled with family, delicious food, and above all, the peace and joy of our Savior's birth.

(this is our little Christmas tree back home in our studio)

The Boones  – (December 27, 2010 at 9:37 AM)  

Cute! Mmm...the French toast looks delicious! What's the recipe! I've been craving breakfast foods. =)It was great seeing you over the Christmas weekend!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP