Fall Scarves

One of my favorite things about fall is finally being able to wear things like boots, hats, coats, and scarves. I love layering items, and I think scarves are just about my favorite accessory. I'm really loving the ruffly scarves I've seen popping up in the stores, so I tried my hand at making a few for myself.

I followed this tutorial I found (which actually is for a summer scarf!), but used soft jersey material in light grays and jewel tones more appropriate for fall. I didn't have to sew the edges like the tutorial says because jersey doesn't really fray, so this was really a quick project!

For this second scarf, I took the same basic idea of the scarf above, but used a strip of fabric that was only about 3" wide and about 2-3 times as long. I then sewed it onto the edge of a larger rectangular piece of fabric to add a ruffle trim all the way around.

These were so quick and easy to make, I finished all four of these in one evening!

Alvina  – (November 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM)  

Very cute! I love ruffles! You should sell 'em on etsy!

The Boones  – (November 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM)  

They look lovely!! You should definitely sell them on etsy! I love the jewel tone colors! The ruffles are super cute. Where do you get jersey material? It was great seeing you today.

becca  – (November 14, 2010 at 10:50 PM)  

I don't know that I'm quite ready to sell them on etsy yet. ;) But thanks for the votes of confidence!

Grace: You should be able to get jersey material at any sewing store, like Joann. It was so nice to see you too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP