LA Renegade Fair Recap

This was my first time attending the Renegade Fair, and I had such a blast! For those unfamiliar with the Renegade Fair, it's a "large-scale DIY event featuring hundreds of independent artists and their unique handmade items." The participants included some of the best indie-craft artists and designers, so I left the fair feeling very much inspired.

Some details and picture tidbits:

fabric-covered button barrettes

letterpress stationery

felt crowns!

canvas bow tote bags

felt beards + moustaches (one booth even had a drawing for a giant stuffed moustache!)

Here are the goodies/freebies I picked up at the fair:

clockwise from top left: Renegade Fair guide, bookmark, Etsy bumper sticker, wildflower seeds from the Urban Craft Center, random stickers + buttons, tote bag from Threadless, tote bag from Yelp, free shirt + sharpies also from Threadless (we spun a wheel and won them!), and oodles of fun business cards!

My only purchase from the day - an art print by Jen Skelley:

I love this beautiful print and the playful, whimsical style of her illustrations. I loved it so much, in fact, that I promptly went to IKEA right after the fair to purchase a frame for it so that I could display it immediately! :D

Since we were downtown (and we don't often get a chance to drive over there), we also made a stop in the Fashion District to purchase some fabric from the ginormous fabric store, Michael Levine. This store is like the mother of all fabric stores! They have everything you could possibly need for your sewing projects, but my favorite thing about them is their huge selection of cotton prints. They have everything from their own Michael Levine brand fabric for $2/yard to designer fabrics like Liberty of London for a whopping $38/yard (stored behind a locked glass case!).

my loot

I think I'm feeling crafty from all the inspiration + supplies I gathered this weekend! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP