5 A Day

One of the biggest perks of living in sunny California has been the fresh produce available at super low prices. I still surprise myself every time I walk out of the grocery store with my hands full of groceries and my wallet not empty!

Yesterday, I did my regular grocery shopping and even though I expected it to be cheap, I was still blown away by the great deals I got. Here's a breakdown:

3.5 lbs of potatoes

3.5 lbs of mexican squash

4 cucumbers

3.5 lbs of onions

6 large avocadoes

9 mangoes

3.5 lbs of tomatoes

1 bunch of green scallions

1 bag of carrots

4 lbs of bananas

_____________________

$12.20!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible, right??? And that's enough fresh produce to feed us for at least two weeks. In Arizona, we had some good deals sometimes, usually one or two items a week. But here, the consistently low prices week after week just never cease to amaze me. Another point for California.

(Btw, this leaves me extra money for buying cheese every week! :))

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© Rebecca Thongkham 2010


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP